Monday 4 April 2011

Suction cups take 2...

Oh I really am hoping (a lot) that I manage to make this work as I think it could be fun. My whole idea with my suction cups is to create a sort of water play construction kit. But I need to remember that my baby is only 17 months old, so need to remember to use baby steps, I think I'm still a bit programmed into Nursery+ age children.

But step 2 on this project was to buy some pipe bits, quick trip to B&Q to get some connecting parts and then to find some clear pipes, which I found from a very lovely company Trent Plastics, who were very understanding of my complete cluelessness. But I found the tube I wanted and they cut it into the size pieces I wanted.

When it arrived I was too excited to wait until bathtime to have a go and discovered that the suction cups worked brilliantly on his cupboard door. So we had a bit of a play with some fluffy craft balls....

My little one was really engaged, but the way the tubes fitted and the very light fluffy balls meant that they kept getting stuck, but I felt encouraged that he was interested.

Next Bathtime...

No comments:

Post a Comment